free twitter buttons

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quarter Back Comparison - Playoff Edition + Game Picks


We are only minutes away from the kick off of the NFL Conference Champion games.  I wanted to do a quick comparison between two players because it really interested me when I heard this stat today.

Which quarterback would your rather have?

Quarterback A:   4-10  34 Yards, 1 INT, 0 TD's, 5 yards rushing
Quarterback B: 10-21  316 Yards, 0 INT, 2 TD's, 50 yards rushing, 1 Rushing TD

Well some of you will be able to tell right away who one of the quarterbacks identity is, but the other one is probably a mystery.  Both quarterbacks won there first playoff game in this years post-season, with one advancing to today's game.  I know what quarterback I would take, but lets see who these quarterbacks are.

Quarterback A is Joe Flacco, quarterback B is Tim Tebow.  Now why do some people qualify Joe Flacco as an NFL quarterback, when they don't give Tebow a shot at it.  Joe Flacco is in his four year, and Tim Tebow is just a rookie.  I'm just giving you some food for thought, though the real test for Tebow will be next year.

Now onto my picks for this week.

The first game of the day is the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens.  I'm going with the Patriots on this one.  I feel like Tom Brady is on a mission this year.  The Patriots offense is just too good and I feel that the Ravens defense is way to old.  I'm feeling a blowout type game, though a playoff blowout will be about a two touchdown lead.  Patriots over the Ravens 31-17.

The other game up today is going to be a good one between the New York Giants and the San Fransisco 49ers.  If someone would have told me a couple of weeks ago that this was going to be the game I would of picked the Giants, but after watching last weeks 49ers game I am a believer in how good there defense is.  I think this is going to be a closer game then everyone thinks.  I also believe Alex Smith might make a mistake late in the game.  Even though I feel like the 49ers have a slight edge I still like how Eli Manning is playing and I'm going with him this weekend.  I'll take the Giants winning a close one over the 49ers 28-24.

No comments:

Post a Comment