free twitter buttons

Monday, December 19, 2011

Back to the Blog


If Brett Favre can still play up till and through the 2020 season, then I figured the least I can do is start up my blog again.  The one thing I have noticed so far is that time really does fly.  I haven't written on here in awhile, but I never thought it was as long as a year ago.  A lot of things go on in a year, I am no longer in college and I'm waiting for my first job in sports journalism.  My current job leaves me with huge amounts of down time so I figured I should start firing out more and more posts and use my free time wisely.

Well any way on my first post back I figured I would jump into something that I always had the passion for and that is Fantasy.  Today I will focus on my fantasy team from my one league with my closest friends.  This is the most important league to win because you will hold bragging rights over everyone for the whole year.  The only bad part is that I am one and done this year in the playoffs.  First I will start by giving my opening day roster and then post the roster that I ended the season with.

Week 1 Starters:                                        Week 15 Starters:
QB)  Mike Vick                                          QB) Mike Vick
WR) Vincent Jackson                                 WR) Vincent Jackson
WR) Santonio Holmes                                WR) Santonio Homes
RB) Michael Turner                                     RB) Michael Turner
RB) Matt Forte                                           RB) Darren Sproles
TE) Vernon Davis                                        TE) Aaron Hernandez
FLEX) Chad Ochocinco                               FLEX) Dez Bryant
DEF) Eagles                                               DEF) Eagles
K) Sebastian Janikowski                              K) Sebastian Janikowski

With my season now officially over it's time to look back on my season as a whole.  Let's start out with the biggest bust of my fantasy team.  That goes hands down to Chad Ochocinco.  I was one of the few people who thought maybe he wasn't finished, but boy was I wrong.  His first touchdown came in ... what week??? O wait week 15.  I just expected so much more out of #85 especially when he brought his talents to Foxboro and possibly the greatest QB in a long time if not ever.  Besides Chad the rest of my team was pretty solid. Mike Vick didn't have as great as a season as I expected, but it does seem like he is back to his old self after seeing him run and throw around this weekend.

The main reason my team was decent, was because I was able to stay away from injuries.  The biggest injury on my team came from Mike Vick and Matt Forte.  Though the injury to Forte came in the last couple of weeks and I was set with a solid back up with Darren Sproles.  My biggest pick up of the season though was rookie sensation Cam Newton.  I picked him up after his first 400 yard passing game and kept him on my bench until Mike Vick came back from injury.  Once Mike Vick came back I traded him to make my team better, that's how I ended up with Dez Bryant.  Fantasy is all about getting lucky and having your guys stay healthy.  If you master both of those techniques, then you are well on your way to a championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment