free twitter buttons

Saturday, December 4, 2010

NFC Playoff Contenders



In the NFC I have the Philadelphia Eagles and the New Orleans Saints being at the top of this division.  I believe that the Saints will take the NFC South division.  Over the last couple of weeks the Saints have been on a roll, winning four in a row.  Right now the Saints sit behind the Falcons in the NFC South.  I believe that this division is going to be settled when the Saints play the Falcons near the end of the season.  I give the Saints the division with the Falcons grabbing up a wild card spot.

The Eagles are the other team who will have a bye for the playoffs.  Even after Chicago beat them last week, I still believe the Eagles are better then them.  The field conditions (Mainly the Sod) contributed to an Eagles loss.  I never understood why professional teams allow high school games to play on the field the day or two before an NFL game.  Going back to the Eagles, I see it nearly impossible for defense's to slow down every aspect of the eagles offensive.  Having all of that talent on one side of the ball is frighting.  The only problem with the eagles going forward is the defense.

The winner of the NFC North is going to be the Packers.  Aarron Rodgers is going to carry the Pac into the playoffs.  They still have a high powered offense along with a defense that is still solid, besides missing a couple of key defenders that were put on injured reserve.  I expect the Bears to give the Packers a run for the money, but right now I just don't believe in the Bears.  That doesn't mean that the Bears are not making it to the playoffs.  I believe that the Bears will sneak into the playoffs as a wild card.  If they end up being better, then I think they will be a dangerous team.  If the Bears defense plays as good as it has been in the last couple of weeks, they will be a team to watch out for.

For the NFC West I have the Rams taking this division over the 49ers.  This division is so weak I'm hoping that one of these teams  decides to show up and actually play football.  If a team goes 8-8 or less I won't be shocked because right now this is the worst division in football.  I would actually hope that the commissioner would step in and just make that division spot another wild card position, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Just a recap:  This is how I see the NFC standings by then end of the season:

1.) Philadelphia Eagles
2.) New Orleans Saints
3.) Packers
4.) Rams
5.) Falcons
6.) Bears

1 comment:

  1. Got to disagree with you Eric. I don't think that the Saints will be able to take that division from the Falcons. They are playing better than any other NFC team and are on a roll right now. I also don't think the Eagles will pick up the second spot. I think it will go:
    1.)Falcons
    2.)Bears
    3.)Eagles
    4.)Rams
    5.)Saints
    6.)Giants
    Wilson

    ReplyDelete